January 20, 2010

Blood Donation *Mercy Medic*


I had wanted to donate blood since I turned 15, but I had never been able to, due to my late birthday which is on December. So, I turned 18 quite late than others do. And alhamdulillah, I got the chance this time.

Last week when I received a call from Fakri notifying me of a local blood drive, I decided that this time I was going to make it happen, I was going to give blood. yeay! 18 already bah! :p
So last week and this week was the most hectic week fo us mercy medic members (xlah hectic sgt :p). All things should be done before the day and yeay we managed to do it. and with the help from the teachers especially the cool Teacher Ju :)

I still recall the moment I donated blood this morning and how I was so nervous at that time, but I thought to myself, this is good cause and i got the experience of course and I never realized that giving blood actually give health benefits.

The donating process takes about an hour between the registration, a brief medical screening, the blood collection, which takes about 10 minutes,plus time for waiting for the others donaters and plus giving the priority to the Alevel students first since they still got their classes. I soared through registration, got through the medical screening relatively simply, and then walked to the chairs provided :).

Anyways, today's event went on smoothly. Mercy Medic members were all co-operative and was there to lend their hands and helped here and there.

Randomly taken


blog 1



blog 2



blog 3



blog 7



blog 4

how pathetic!!! *sigh*

blog 5

uuyeaahh! I'm a superwoman. i donated 2 packs btw.

oh eh nooo! superlady. sounds nicer :)

blog 6


IMG_2701

Mercy Medic members and stuffs from Hosp Tunku Jaafar NS

We got 117 packs! Congratz people!


Please if you can donate do so for this is a precious gift that we are offering to others! One pint of donated blood will save at least two people’s lives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahahah~~ tutup mata ilahhh.. lucuuu!! hebat2.. 2 pack.. :)

Q said...

missed my blood=p

Ahmad Zakwan said...

wahh! thniah2! :)

Anonymous said...

gla bnyak 2 packs seyh!~ best aie. tahniah2!~ :) kmk mok jwak cz i desperately need to put on weight!!!~ ergh. -.-"

-amal-