July 24, 2010

mynmar. TOK

Sekarang lebih kurang pukul 10am lebih Saturday. Aku sangat lah lapar.

I've been meaning to write something, you know like a post-birthday wishes or just to story tell my life further now that I'm a Year 2 student and a senior since the last time I post something.

Well, just for the sake of story telling lah, we, the Year 2 students have been assigned this project called, International Day and it will be held hmm on the 5th of August if I'm not mistaken. Basically, every class will have to represent a country, like Turkey, Japan, Brazil, etc and this class of mine pathetically and ironically got Mynmar after the draw.

Frankly speaking, I was like "What, Mynmar?" I was trying to fit myself into a best position to think positively about Mynmar but "hello, whats there in Mynmar?" I think it is more or less like Cambodia. (do you think I'll be arrested by Mynmar ISA?)

Inle Lake Market, Mynmar


Ok, continue rambling. Hmm, I think Mynmar is not that bad after a few research. Well, the Burma-s still have their own culture, games, foods, ect and I think they are all good enough lah for us to present it in a speech later.


********************


Academic stuff. Refarding my TOK essay. Well, I went to see Pak Lan to consult something on my num 9 title which is 'The role of Language and Reason in History'. At the very first place, I was thinking this is the easiest topic among all the choices and ya, its only ask the students to discuss the ROLE. But...Pak Lan said it is the hardest one! ya very contradict right. If I were to write this essay, I must learn history once again. Learn history for the sake of TOK essay? a big NO!

So I choose...syhh..still on progress and I've been meeting Mdm Hindon lately

I've been in conversations with a whole lot of many people out there and I think it's sufficient to say that I can at least recognize the different measures taken by different people of different cultures when faced with a harsh opinion, or a critic. If there is one thing that I like about TOK (theory of knowledge), it is whenever I speak of my opinion; I don't feel condemned to continue with the discussion even though my opinions and statements have been counter-attacked.

Even if I feel offended by harsh remarks made in the argument, I don't feel pushed down because as the argument progresses I can see things clearly. As agreements grow near, things can get settled quickly after that. The beauty of TOK. harharhar.

2 comments:

Najib Daud said...

good luck
dekat msia byk cambodians kn yang working.
so y dun u recruit them to do something for u in this case.
lol

:)

atiqaaskan said...

tq tq najib :)
My friend ad kenalan dr mynmar. So far dia dh dpt all the stuffs like foods/snack from that person. Ok lahh. Hehe