October 14, 2012

Ball of Sunshine!

Dengan nama Allah.

I really love watching Legally Blonde and the messages it has. Elle Woods is an inspiration. A fictional character, yes but nevertheless really inspires me.

Firstly, she has that positive attitude. What is more amazing than that? Positive people that always look and find for that hidden blessings are masyaAllah, like a ball of sunshine walking down the street! Your head turns because you could feel that positive vibe. You could feel it. It is such a good energy. I realized that the most positive of people are always those who are always, always grateful to God. Come sunshine, rain, strong wind, they have Allah to rely on. They are positive that Allah will take care of them. Those who are grateful are special people. As Allah mentions in the Quran, (14:7).


Therefore be grateful for all the little things, especially the little things. Because when you are, you would be grateful about everything. And you have this positive energy within you masyaAllah. Share that energy.

Secondly, have faith. In others and mostly in yourself. I really love this. First impressions although yes are lasting but that that does not define a person for the rest of his/her life. The first time when I entered KMS, do you think I’d be this god conscious one day? Just because I didn’t wear tudung bidang besar doesn’t mean I won’t ever be a Muslim that is trying to be better everyday. Just because someone seems jaded, doesn’t mean she isn’t capable of loving deeply. Give others a chance. Just because I don’t wear tudung labuh, some XY species might think I am not worth marrying. 

What if one day, I’m going to be a better Muslim than you will ever be? We don’t know, we will never know. Just because I had a bad past, some might not be able to accept me. But you know, that was in the past. I’m not that person anymore. I realized my mistakes and to me, Allah is the only one that I need forgiveness from. We all love a person who has changed but to what extent do we love them till we could accept their bad past?

But most importantly is, have faith in yourself. MasyaAllah this is really important. This really applies to me. One thing I really like about Legally Blonde is how people view her as a dumb blonde but she is in fact, very smart albeit in her own way, she is. In the end she did become a great lawyer. I am always intimidated in medical school thinking I’m not smart enough. But the thing is, I just need to have faith in myself and of course in Allah, definitely. I need to have faith that He will never forsaken me. I can do this insyaAllah. 

It’s easy to lose faith, to feel negative. But challenge yourself today will you? Everytime you feel that bad aura coming, instead of succumbing to it, be a better person than that side of you. Be stronger than that. Sometimes the negative feelings come without any reasons. Why do we feel sad for no particular reasons when we have 1001 reasons to smile? Even if you had a bad day, that’s just one reason versus the 1001 other reasons. Do you know that bright, sunny day is also a reason to smile? Yes, as simple as that.

This sounds all sunshine-y and bright but from deep within my heart, those two lessons are valuable. Be grateful always and have faith. MasyaAllah the results are amazing.

May Allah lift your veil and make you see all the blessings that you are bestowed upon.

“And if you count Allah’s favours, you will not be able to number them.” 
(Surah Ibrahim, verse 34)
 

No comments: