September 22, 2011

Candy and Roses for the girl down the road


Image223

I’m quite serious about moving to a little quaint town and leading a simple life. Like opening up a candy store and making five-year-olds smile everyday at three. Or opening up a small bookstore so warm that dear seven-year-old Siti from down the road drops by each time after school just to say “Hi” and that new word she just learned from her English class. And then we’d have storytelling sessions every Saturday.

I’d like to be able to watch the greens everyday. I want to be surrounded by nature and animals. Nothing would give me more joy than the ability to stare at the beautiful blue skies every now and then, and not thick grey smokes from that truck in front.

I can’t stand the sight of cars in bunches. I want to look ahead and see bunches of summer flowers blossoming in between the bushes instead.

I’d like to be rich too, but not with money or power.

Image222

I am into branded handbags or shoes or apple stuff, I wont deny it. But I think being rich is when we are able to put food on the table and a smile on each other’s faces. And that’s a lot of inner values and passion in the heart. And I’d like to be rich like that.

I can’t stand all that partying lifestyle in the city.

I sometimes can’t stand crowds in shopping malls. I can’t stand the sight of tall buildings at every nook and cranny of the city without any element of nature in between. I want to be able to look up and breathe in the view of a beautiful tall tree. And hear the birds from those tall branches sing back.

I can’t stand loud music. I want quiet. I want peace.

But why does “simple” seem too much to ask for these days?

No comments: