August 13, 2012

This (another) obsession of mine


My fascination with books began quite late. I was tired of my brother hogging the TV all the time. I needed to find my own entertainment. I turned to books. They’re the simplest. I can imagine the characters up till how my imagination leads me. And usually the main characters would be beautiful. There are no limitations to how I want the characters to be. It’s like I’m in my own secret world.
I hated all the short stories in Enid's book. The talking chairs, the talking toys. I knew from then onwards, fantasy wasn’t to my liking.

I can’t remember when, or how was I introduced to chick lits. But I know the first time I read it, I fell in love with it. It’s all about normal, average girl meeting the purfect guy. Tall, dark and handsome with a secure successful job who happens to come from a very rich family. That’s as far as fantasy would go for me. But after hundreds of chick lits, they don’t entertain me as much. I stopped buying them.

And I read all Harry Potter series, we have a full set of it at home. Talk about my obsession on Harry Potter (read: not Daniel Radcliffe). Also I did read a few series: princess diaries, baby-sitters club, sweet valley, sisterhood of travelling pants, Mary-Kate and Ashley, sophie kinsella's, cecelia ahern's, nicolhas sparks's and the unfortunate series (Which I gave up after the 7th book seeing how I was so frustrated they couldn’t lead a nice life). There was one author I went by when I was little too, Jacqueline Wilson.

I am currently reading The Tipping Point; speaks of a concept I’ve been having faith in for quite some time now. How Little Things can Make a Big Difference!


The first good book in months, definitely different genre from what I've been having last few years. No matter how late it is, I can’t seem to put it down. I miss this feeling, hence that’s why I am blogging about this old obsession of mine that have been taken away from me after I’ve got jaded with a few not so good books.

Finding a good book is harder than Mr perfect you know? Like how one time I bought a book because it was so pink and nice, and it turned out to be about lesbians. So the saying, don’t judge a book by its cover is really applicable after all.

No comments: