December 21, 2009

Me and KMB mates


Well, as an IB student, even when its come to holiday, there must be some activities/works for us to do. Am I right? yeaahh.. I know.

So, with some of my KMB mates, we went to Pusat Pemulihan dalam Komuniti, PDK Kem Penrissen. This centre is for disabled kids like down syndrom. We begin our journey from airport. The people incharged were Sam, Evan, Aizat, Azah, Ezz, Jennifer, Ryner and including me! :)

This place brought me to another sight of Kuching where it is quite far from the town.


physio

Basically, every morning the workers there will do some treatment and we called it physiotheraphy. Doing some brushes and few techniques which me myself didn't understand it either.

ezz teaching

Here we can see Ezz became a teacher for a while. That student (purple shirt) is a slow thinker. He still cannot catch up with the lessons even though Ezz keep on saying 'buah kuning ya mangga'. He still cannot differentiate those fruits. Honestly and personally I hope he will be a better person one day.

evan + sam + me + ezz

Captured during the recess time which is around 10 am (if I'm not mistaken).
Evan + Sam + Me + Ezz

room 1

This is their class and they learn new lessons here, play some games, etc. Some of the kids are still shy and needed to be assisted.

room 2

I call him Abang. He's not feeling well today so he needs her mother's help to lead him in his drawing.

jennifer and angela

The girl in yellow shirt likes to smile/laugh. Her name is Angela. And I noticed she likes it whenever I took her picture. ehehe. And Jennifer was helping her to color the drawing. (err..yes its true but I guess Jenn already tired ahh at that moment). The problem with Angela - she is still unable to control her fingers movement.

the boys

The boys with Wan. Very talkative and friendly.



All in all, I like this one picture


Meet their son, Jacob. He's 6 years old now. it all happened one passionate night 6 years ago...

happy family

Ok so I lied, he's not their son. Sorry Azah! Sorry Evan! LOL.

But look at him, isn't he just the cutest little boy ever?

Like me, Jacob is also in the process of 're-discovering himself'. I'm pretty sure he's still not quite there yet.

ahemmm...

Hope, through this event, we all are able to understand to the feeling and wants of the minority group in our society who are disable. A simple efforts will make them smile :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

like like~ wanna join~ ;)

Samuel K Lis said...

bwaaaahahahaha